STAC Summit, 17 Oct 2017, Chicago
STAC Summits bring together industry leaders in architecture, app dev, infrastructure
engineering, and operational intelligence to discuss important technical challenges in
the finance industry. Come to hear leading ideas and exchange views with your peers.
Tuesday, 17 October 2017
STAC Exchange (exhibits) opens at 9:00am
Meeting starts at 9:30am
Networking Lunch at ~12:00pm
Conference concludes ~4:00pm
Reception immediately following.
Illinois Institute of Technology Auditorium
565 West Adams Street, Chicago
STAC Summits bring together industry leaders to discuss the latest business issues and technical trends affecting:
- app development and optimization
- infrastructure engineering
- operational intelligence.
Topics tend to cluster in three areas:
- Fast data & fast compute. Event-driven workloads that are latency sensitive and/or throughput intensive, primarily in automated trading (including HFT): market data, trading & matching algorithms, trade execution, and trade-time risk.
- Big data. Data-bound workloads such as tick analytics, strategy research and backtesting, fraud detection, credit quality prediction, predictive prospecting, social media analytics for trading, and operational risk & compliance.
- Big compute. Challenging computational finance tasks in areas such as derivatives pricing, market risk management, credit risk management, portfolio optimization, collateral management, and strategy backtesting.
Come to hear leading ideas and exchange views with your peers. If you have ideas for the agenda, please contact us.
About STAC Events & Meetings
STAC meetings bring together industry leaders to focus on challenging areas of financial technology. They range from large in-person gatherings (STAC Summits) to webinars and working group teleconferences.