STAC Cloud SIG
Increasing the use of public, private, or hybrid clouds is high on the agendas of many financial firms. However, firms face a number of questions and obstacles when making cloud decisions. For example:
- Security practices must satisfy business and regulatory requirements while limiting non-security impacts such as price-performance, agility, and usability.
- Understanding relative performance and price-performance can be difficult when faced with complex pricing structures and sometimes unpredictable performance.
- Evaluating platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offerings for big data, big compute, or machine learning can be complex.
The STAC Cloud SIG is a special interest group of financial firms and vendors from the STAC Benchmark Council with three objectives:
- Standardize methods of assessing cloud solutions, including functionality, absolute performance, and price-performance, building out from existing STAC Benchmarks.
- Facilitate dialog and recommend best practices around public and private cloud adoption.
- Guide a testing program for public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions.
To request involvement with this SIG, please click the Enable Me button to the right.
Cloud SIG Documents
All specification drafts
Get access to this domain
If you'd like to obtain privileged materials from this domain, or if you would like to participate in this group, please click the button below.